Where is your lodge located?
Our private lodge is located at 1144 20th Street, Okeechobee, FL 34974.
Will other people be on my hunt?
No, the only people that will be on your hunt are people in your party, the guide and maybe the guides assistant if/when needed
Tip is defined as a gift of money, over and above payment due for services. Tipping is not mandatory, customers should tip when they feel the guide has worked hard for them. Remember tipping is based on service, so if your guide has worked hard for you let them know you appreciate it by giving them a tip. Industry standard runs 10% for tipping on hunting trips.
What should I bring?
- Bug Spray
- Cooler (To take meat home in)
- Rain Coat
- Long Sleeve Shirt/Pants
- Jacket (just in case it gets a little cool)
- Camouflage Clothing (Long sleeve shirts and pants)
- Walking Boots
- Face Mask
- Camouflage Jacket (both a light and heavy jacket)
- Camouflage Rain Gear
- All Camouflage should be a dark green pattern
- Ammo (Steel Shot)
- Long Sleeve Shirt and Pants
- Jacket (Light and Heavy, depending on the weather)
- Face Mask
- Waterproof Boots
- Bug Spray
- Cooler (to take meat home in)
- Long Sleeve shirts and pants
- Jacket (light and heavy, depending on the weather)
- Water proof boots
Where do you hunt?
- Alligator and duck hunts take place directly on the world famous Lake Okeechobee & ranches and farms in close proximity.
- Turkey and hog hunts take place on ranches and farms in close proximity to Lake Okeechobee.
How many days should I hunt?
This varies depending on what species you are hunting and if your hunting for a trophy or just a sport hunt. Contact us and we can help you with how many days you should hunt.
Can I use my own gun?
- Please note that it is illegal to hunt alligators with a gun on public land however you may use a firearm to hunt gators on our private land hunts.
- Turkey hunts, we suggest a 12 gauge shot gun
- Duck hunts, 12 or 20 gauge with a #2 or up to #6 steel shot
- Hog hunts, we suggest a .243 or bigger rifle
What are your deposit and cancellation policies?
Deposits must be made in order to lock in a hunt. A 50% deposit is required on all hunts. We will not hold space for hunts without a deposit. Deposits can be made through secure online PayPal credit card processing. You can pay with any credit or debit card of your choice. You do not need a PayPal account.
Cancellations must be made 30 days prior to the hunt date scheduled. We will do whatever we can to move the hunt to a different date in order for clients to still get the hunt of a lifetime. If a hunt date cannot be moved and you are less than 30 days away the deposit will be forfeited.
Do I need a license?
Every hunt is a little different, contact us directly to get the most up to date information or visit www.myfwc.com
Where do we meet our guide?
Most trips will meet at our Lodging Headquarters (1144 20th Street, Okeechobee, FL 34974) unless prior arrangements have been made.